I am utterly and entirely incapable of stopping myself from carrying so much stuff. I don’t know how other people survive with just their keys & wallet, but woe is me, for I cannot. I have resigned to the truth and I’ve accepted that it is my tragic character flaw to be a stuff-carrier. I just get it in my head that IM GOING TO NEED THAT and then it gets out of control. Anyway, I thought I would share a peek into my bag because I love creeping other people’s
- Bag: MY FAVORITE THING EVER. A cross-body satchel which was a present from LX for my birthday! It’s available here on Taobao.
- Planner & Pen: Yearly scheduler from Morning Glory and one of the refillable pens from Muji with 0.38MM brown ink which I love, but don’t think they make anymore.
- Wallet: Another gift from LX – a long tri-fold peach pink wallet ♡ . Get it here on Taobao.
- Keys: Mine are chunky because I keep store cards and usbs on the keyring as well.
- Pouch: Cosmetics bag from Contents by Allegro that I got as part of Target’s now discontinued beauty sample boxes. I use it to hold small items like hair ties, bobby pins and items 6 through 13.
- Eyedrops: Prescription drops for when my eye allergies get out of control.
- Powder: I try not to carry a lot of makeup, but I like having some things for touchups. Still getting through this pressed powder from the Maybelline Fit Me line in the shade 210 Sandy Beige.
- Clean & Clear Oil Control Sheets: Sometimes a girl just needs to blot! I like these specifically because they’re thicker than the popular see-thru kind. [tooltip text=”A really great option is the Mandom Gatsby Oil Clear sheets which are black blotting papers that lean to the thicker side and are usually priced under $5 for 70.”]* [/tooltip]
- Pill Case: One of my favorite items is this heart-shaped tin by Artbox that I use to store Advil and Claritin.
- White Flower Oil: This is a weird thing to carry, but FUN FACT: I have a tendency to randomly start scratching at my face or neck and a bit of White Flower Oil usually does the trick to make me stop. It’s an analgesic ointment so it’s good for relieving minor aches & pains like headaches and bruises. I use it sometimes for my sinuses because it has ingredients like camphor, menthol, peppermint and eucalyptus oil, which help clear things up temporarily. It smells a bit like something an elderly grandmother would use, but I love the scent because it reminds me of my childhood when my mom would apply it to mosquito bites for it’s cooling effect.
- Lip: I tend to throw whatever lip color I’m wearing for the day in my bag and lately it’s been the mini Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment from the Sephora 2012 birthday gift.
- Bobbi Brown Corrector: I’ve been carrying around this concealer ever since I got it because despite how it works wonders for covering my dark circles, it has the tendency to wear off after 5 or so hours. Going to go through it at a lightening pace. I wear the shade Light Peach.
- Blistex Lip Medex: The one item that will NEVER EVER LEAVE MY SIDE. I have four tubs of this in my house at this very moment. I have a bad habit of licking my lips and it causes irritation so this is my lifesaver. I know some people hate the medicinal smell, but I LOVE IT. IT SMELLS LIKE IT WORKS.
- Mirror: Sephora brand mirror that was a gift from my friend R ♥
- Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE with a yellow bow knot dust plug. My wallpaper is the ever dreamy ✧Lee Dong Wook✧
- iPod Classic: Apple doesn’t make ’em like this anymore! 80GB that I am nowhere near filling up + the headphones that came with my phone
And for good measure, here is my bag from the latter half of 2012:
It’s not all that different from what I’m carrying now, but I switched out a few things.
- Bag: Mulberry Alexa look-a-like I picked up in China last year. It’s humongous so I prefer it when I have to carry my camera (that’s the one item I didn’t include in the photo!). Unfortunately the leather isn’t very good quality so I needed something new.
- Wallet: A navy blue tri-fold wallet from Nine West that my mom gave me. It has a lot of storage for cards etc., but it gets bulky easily.
- Phone Same phone, but with a pearl pink Mercury Jelly case and a crystal crown dust plug. I’m ashamed of how much I money I spent on dust plugs IDE.
- Planner: Yearly scheduler by Delfonics, which was also a gift from LX. She purchased it at Loft during her trip to Japan.
- Card Case: A sticker tin from Afrocat that I use to hold excess store & membership cards.
- Lipstick: Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in the shade 674 Coralberry that I swatched here.